Attached garages and carports:
Selling your home?
What is a pre-list inspection?
In many ways, waiting to schedule inspections until after a home is in contract may be too late. Seller inspections are generally arranged and paid for by the home owner. This is usually just before the home is put on the market. However, not every potential buyer is willing or able to purchase a home that is need of major repairs. Likewise, others may use a “potential problem” to negotiate a unreasonably low price. So, make sure your home’s first impression is one that sells your house. APEX pre-list inspection can help!
Seller inspections offer many benefits:
- More accurate listing price. For example, your pre-list inspection may reveal that you need for a new roof. However, you would rather leave that to a new owner. As a result, your asking price could reflect that.
- If repairs are needed, you can have cost estimates on hand; or repairs completed. Consequently, this can save you time and money.
- You will have confidence that there are no known safety hazards or major systems in need of repair or replacement.
- Avoiding time constraints and delays while in contract with a list to remedy.
- Removing inflated repair estimates from the negotiation table.
- In short, it contributes to a smoother transition from for sale to sold.
Lastly, having a seller inspection provides the potential for a higher listing price!
Ordinarily, a serious buyer would pay to have a home formally inspected. The goal is to uncover any potential problems before signing on the dotted line, while there’s still time to negotiate.
Why You Should Have Your Home Inspected Before Selling
Building your dream home?
APEX Property Inspections will inspect your home in 3 key stages as it is being built:
Firstly, APEX will inspect the footers, foundation, waterproofing, drainage tile, and piers.
Secondly, APEX will inspect the framing and roof trusses before plumbing, or electrical, or insulation are installed.
Lastly, APEX will inspect the finished house and its systems at completion. In addition, this inspection includes everything in the pre-purchase inspection!
Nearing the end of your new build warranty? Give us a call we can help with a warranty inspection.